Sunday, March 3, 2013

What do you do when you hit a wall? I wanted to write to you yesterday, and the day before. I wanted to say something encouraging,  give you a technique to organize... help you on your journey.  But I couldn't.

I stared at the blank page, and I just couldn't.

Has this ever happened to you?  You wanted to do something.  Clear off a surface.  Write a report.  Put those papers in the file folder.  Hang up some clothes.  Wash dishes.  Exercise.  ... but you just couldn't.  

Why is it that we have something to do, and we just get immobilized?  

Is it laziness?  I don't think so.  We certainly beat ourselves enough about that possibility.  Is it fear? Possibly, but I think it's more than that.  I think we simply get stuck... and sometimes we can't do things.  Maybe it's even human nature (or at the very least, our human nature).

So, what should we do about it?

Keep trying.  Set a timer... file one paper.  Call a buddy.  Or... walk away for a minute and do something good for yourself.  Come back to it from a fresh, feel-good perspective.

What did I do when I hit the wall?  I went and made myself a chocolate smoothie (yum!) and I tried to think of nice things about myself.  And I reminded myself that even though I couldn't write for a day or so, that doesn't make me a bad person. I'm still the same Marsha, with the same big gentle heart, who wants to help everyone!

Action:

Take some time to celebrate the wonderfulness of you.  Journal, meditate, go outside and look at nature.  Hug a tree.  Breathe.

Re-approach your clutter from a feel-good position.

And have a terrific day!

Marsha Sims

Subscribe to Clutter-Free Forever by Email

www.sortitout.net

No comments:

Post a Comment