So, let's turn that around!
What can we do to make the unbearable, bearable?
Depending on what you like, you can find what Mary Poppins said... "In every job that must be done there is an element of fun."
How do we do that? How do we find the fun in something we clearly don't want to do?
Here are 10 ideas to make organizing a little more, well.... bearable.
- Listen to music or a book on tape
- Sing songs (even songs you make up) while you are organizing
- Talk on the phone while you are organizing
- Keep your favorite television show on while you are organizing
- Invite a friend over to help, then you help her
- Make a checklist to keep yourself motivated
- Take before and after pictures
- Commit to taking an action; report when you have completed it
- Hire a young person to work with you and work alongside them
- Help someone else with their organizing. It's surprisingly motivational for you
What do you do to keep yourself motivated? I'd love to hear your response!