Friday, February 15, 2013


I'm frustrated as I feel that I don't get much credit for how hard I am trying to do all of this organizing in my home.  I feel like I am doing more and better that I EVER have, and yet my husband doesn't appreciate it.
 'Seems like I never do enough, am enough, accomplish enough, blah, blah, blah.  I'm so tired of it.   He's frustrated with me about that.


This reminds me of a woman I knew who weighed 280 lbs.  She started trying to lose weight and her husband got worse by the pound.  He would criticize her, bring home ice cream and cookies and offer them to her, and was never ever ever supportive!  The more weight she lost, the meaner and more insensitive he got.  He never appreciated it, even when she explained that she was doing it for her health.

Often I have people to call or write to me with this type of complaint.  The husband is insensitive, the kid's don't care, other family member not only don't appreciate it but sometimes sabotage it and make things worse.  What should they do?  How should they handle it?

You have to organize because it's something YOU want.  The kids won't care until you care.  Hubby (or wife, or mom & dad) may or may  not care. YOU have to want it for you.  If you are expecting someone else besides yourself to appreciate it, you will be disappointed.  So... get selfish, and do this for YOU.  Then YOU will live in a beautiful, organized home, so YOU will be happy!

I wish you all the best!

Have a terrific day!

Marsha Sims

Subscribe to Clutter-Free Forever by Email

www.sortitout.net

No comments:

Post a Comment