Sunday, February 17, 2013

Today I worked in my closet.  A friend sat with me and helped me let go of my old possessions... clothes that have been with me through tough times, and fun times.  Clothes that brought back memories of days gone by.  Clothes that were there for me when no one else was.  You understand what I mean.  YOU get the picture!

Some clothes I had to let go of sadly, and I said a silent good-bye.  Some I let go of gladly, and had no problems whisking them onward to (hopefully) a new owner who will appreciate them.  Some still had tags.

It was a long and tiring day, but I feel cleansed.  I feel like I have a new lease on my wardrobe life... because now I can make room for new friends and new memories... New experiences, new laughter, a new journey.

It's hard to let go.  I know... I'm with you!  But when we do, we feel the openness and freedom that comes with the space we long for.

Action:

Go into your closet and pull out 7 articles of clothing that you no longer wear, and give them to charity.  Do this every day for a week.  You will feel so much better at the end of the week!  (7 X 7 = 49 items to give away!)

Have a terrific day!

Marsha Sims

Subscribe to Clutter-Free Forever by Email

www.sortitout.net

No comments:

Post a Comment