Monday, January 21, 2013

Organizing is so hard to do!

It seems like it should be easy... just throw out what we don't need; keep what we do.  Use our space to determine how much we should keep.   But is it so so so much harder than that!

Here are some thoughts to help you when you are struggling to part with things.

  • Do I want it? Why?
  • If I couldn't find this and I was looking for it, where would I look?
  • If I hadn't seen this today, would I miss it?
  • Do I have other things like it?  
  • How many of these do I need?
  • What's in that box?
  • Do I like it?
  • Does it have pleasant memories?  Or negative memories?
  • How much would it cost to replace it?
  • Can I gift it to someone else?
  • Can I bless someone else with it?
  • Does it still look good on me?
  • Is it in good repair?  If not, am I going to fix it?  Really?
  • Does the person who gave it to me care if I don't have it anymore?  Would they want me to keep it if they knew it made me miserable?

You get the picture.

These things that we don't want, don't need, and sometimes don't even like are in our lives, and we can't let them go.

Want to give you a challenge.  Pick an arbitrary number.  I use the number 7 because my birthday is on July 7th.  Select your  number, and every day for the next 7 days, I want you to throw that many things away.

Send me an email and let me know the 7 things you toss every day for the next 7 days!  (Toss can include giving to charity, gifting, selling, or throwing away.  The only requirement is that it leaves your home or office.)

Action:
Take my 7 day challenge!  The winner will be entered  into a drawing to win my brand new book, "5 Days to a Clutter-Free House!"

Have a Terrific Day!

Marsha Sims

Subscribe to Clutter-Free Forever by Email

www.sortitout.net

No comments:

Post a Comment