Sunday, January 20, 2013


What happens when you can't get all of those little pieces of paper off of your desk?  I found the greatest video called a "file-pile!' and I wanted to share it with you!

In 8 minutes, this guy explains our problem!  What do you do if you are a piler but  you don't want a messy desk?  How can you be a filer when you don't have time to make all of the files?  And, not making all of the files in a timely basis creates piles!

In comes the "file-pile"!  A system that combines both!

Watch the video, and I'll tell you how I modified it to make it work for me.




First, I purchased a very large 3-ring binder (3" or 4" binder).  

Second, instead of having 8 or so categories, I have only three.  The post-it's at the top are all for things that are related to Sort-It-Out (my business).  In the middle are post-it's for personal things... conversation with the phone company, brochure on a place I might travel to, information I'm holding for a relative, etc.  The bottom post-it note is for things that require action.

Third, I write on each post-it before I put it in my system.  That way, when I am scanning or looking for something, I can read the label.

With the modifications, the file-pile is completely useful, and keeps my desk clear!

Try it!

If you have questions, please send me an email and I'll be happy to explain how you can use it too!  

Marsha Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment