Tuesday, January 29, 2013


Thank you so much for all of your questions re: the File-Pile!

Instead of answering them all individually, I will use this blog space to answer your questions.

Here are my answers:

Q - Do you have to punch 3 holes in every page to put it in the 3-ring notebook? 

A - Unfortunately, yes... unless you are going to use plastic sleeves.  It's easy as long as you are prepared.  I keep my 3-hole punch about 12" away from me on a shelf, and I use it constantly.  When I'm through punching the page, I simply, always, put it back in it's home.


Q - How do you handle different sizes of paper than 8-1/2 x 11 inches?  

A - If I want to save something that is small; a business card, or a random note, I will staple it to the clear side of a used piece of paper from my printer.  (Of course, you could use a blank 8.5 x 11 piece of paper also).  Then I use a baby post-it-note (I think they are about 1" x 1.5") as a tab to label the piece of paper.


Q - All of my pages are not the same size.  I have 8.5 X 11 pages, and lined notebook papers that are a little smaller.  If I put a tab on the lined pages, the tab won't show up.  

A - In order to solve that problem, I either stick the tabs out more and secure with a piece of scotch tape, or I staple it to the edge of the blank side of a used piece of paper from my printer.


Q - How many categories should I use?

A - I only use three.  The one across from the top punched hole I use for business items.  The one across from the middle hole I use for personal items.  The one across from the bottom punched hole I use to flag something that needs action.


Q - Instead of using a 3-ring binder that you have to keep opening and closing to use  and SEE what's there, I wonder about using the "tube clip fastener" but am not sure what this is, how to use it, where to get it.

A - I don't know anything about it either.  But don't worry that you have to keep opening and closing the binder rings.  Use that as an opportunity to remember that it's there.  If you don't use it, soon you will forget about it and it will become another unused system.  We don't want that!
I hope it works for you!  Keep sending questions about anything related to organizing, and I will try to answer it in this blog... and you can remain anonymous!  

It's a win-win, because when you ask me questions, I know what you want me to write about.

Have a terrific day!

Marsha Sims

Subscribe to Clutter-Free Forever by Email

www.sortitout.net

No comments:

Post a Comment